Southeast Missouri Personal Injury Attorneys




Injuries Sustained by an Uninsured Driver

BOLD Marketing - Wednesday, May 25, 2016

In the state of Missouri, 14 percent of motorists do no have car insurance. There are a number of steps you can take if you find yourself in a situation where the other driver is uninsured.




Your current insurance coverage policy may include uninsured motorist coverage. If you have suffered injuries from being hit by an uninsured driver, you should make a claim with your insurance company and speak with a qualified personal injury attorney.


If you find that your insurance policy does not cover uninsured motorist, investigate whether or not the negligent driver truly does not have coverage. An insurance company’s intention is to defend the claim and pay nothing or as little as possible. You should not accept a simple oral statement from an insurance company stating the motorist is uninsured; ask them documentation.


If an uninsured driver has injured you, take advantage of a free case evaluation from Cook, Barkett, Ponder & Wolz, call 1 (877) 337-6651.





What to Know About All-Terrain Vehicle Collisions

BOLD Marketing - Wednesday, May 11, 2016

All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) are popular vehicles among teens and adults; not only to haul heavy objects, but for recreational purposes as well.


Many states, including Missouri, do not require a driver’s license to be issued in order to operate an ATV. Conversely, these vehicles are the cause of a high number of injuries and fatalities each year.


Drivers who are untrained, inexperienced or intoxicated can easily flip an ATV over, injuring themselves or the passenger(s). Serious injuries that may be sustained include:


  •    - Broken bones
  •    - Back and spinal cord injuries
  •    - Brain trauma
  •    - Skull fractures
  •    - Second and third-degree burns



Determining who is at fault for the ATV incident can be complicated. Many factors are assessed to determine who is at fault for the injury or fatality suffered from an ATV:

  •    - The driver
  •    - The person or organization who owns the land that you were riding on
  •    - Defective or unsafe vehicle



You should consult with an attorney to determine which claim should be brought against the responsible party. If you have questions about injuries sustained in an ATV collision contact Cook, Barkett, Ponder & Wolz for a free case consultation, 1 (877) 337-6651.



The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising.


Recent Posts



E-Newsletter Signup

Signup for CBPW’s free e-newsletter today

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.


The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based upon advertisements alone.

© 2015 Cook Barkett Ponder & Wolz. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use prohibited.