Injuries Sustained by an Uninsured Driver

In the state of Missouri, 14 percent of motorists do no have car insurance. There are a number of steps you can take if you find yourself in a situation where the other driver is uninsured.

Your current insurance coverage policy may include uninsured motorist coverage. If you have suffered injuries from being hit by an uninsured driver, you should make a claim with your insurance company and speak with a qualified personal injury attorney.

If you find that your insurance policy does not cover uninsured motorist, investigate whether or not the negligent driver truly does not have coverage. An insurance company’s intention is to defend the claim and pay nothing or as little as possible. You should not accept a simple oral statement from an insurance company stating the motorist is uninsured; ask them documentation.

If an uninsured driver has injured you, take advantage of a free case evaluation from Cook, Barkett, Ponder & Wolz, call 1 (877) 337-6651.

The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising.