The days following a significant automotive incident can be full of emotional turmoil, confusion and pain. Dealing with an insurance company over a dispute along with returning to everyday life, can affect relationships and mental well-being. By working with an attorney to get your well-deserved justice, you can focus on returning to life knowing you have a team working hard to get you compensated for your losses.
There are many reasons you shouldn’t negotiate with an insurance company on your own following a terrible automotive wreck, including recovering from mental and physical injuries. If you’re thinking of going ahead on your own, keep these five items in mind.
1. Insurance agencies are for-profit over working to claim responsibility. Their goals are to pay as little as possible or nothing, meaning you suffer more.
2. Insurance documents and paperwork are rampant with legal jargon and technical terms meant to trip up those that would benefit from an insurance payout.
3. Speaking with witnesses and conducting background checks are time-intensive processes that require practice and training to do effectively.
4. Providing proof for an insurance company disputing its policyholder’s liability can be more than overwhelming on its own. Someone suffering from severe injuries could miss key details that might make or break a case.
5. Cases, laws and ordinances vary from county to county. A lawyer can easily comb through these documents and find the elements relevant and beneficial to your case.
Having a team of professionals by your side can make all the difference in recovering from expensive medical bills, loss or injury.
If you have been injured at the fault of someone else, always consult with an attorney to learn more about your options. For questions contact Cook, Barkett, Ponder & Wolz for a free case consultation, 1 (877) 337-6651.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising.